Monday, September 14, 2009

OPEN HOUSE SAMPLE, RUB-ONS

For my Open House, Saturday the 19th, I wanted to show off the Rub-ons. So I purchased this glass jar at the local cheapo store and then went to my local craft store and got the beautiful colored acorns. I wanted to fill it full of candy but I could not find any Halloween candy yet! It sure would have been less expensive!

I really like how it turned out! What do you think?
Remember if you want to see a bigger picture, double click on it.


Here is a photo of the back. Purty huh???


And the top...well this was quite a challenge as SU does not make a punch this big and I don't have Circle Scissor Plus YET! So here's what I did. First I used the "Give Thanks" rub-on on the Really Rust paper then I punched it out with the 1 3/4" circle. Then I traced the lid (with the rubber down on the paper) onto More Mustard and cut that out. Stamped it with maple leaf from "Autumn Days". Now here is the part where I pat myself on the back. I punched a circle using the 1 3/8" circle punch. Toss aside the punched part. Keep the cardstock that has the hole punched out. THEN I centered the circle inside the scalloped punch and punched. You get a very narrow scalloped circle. Then I cut sections of 3 scallops and adhered them to the back of the decorated cardstock leaving me with a scalloped edge. (they are all 3 scallops except for one which has 2 scallops. If you have questions, email me or drop me a note on Facebook.



Last, but not least, is my bow! I love the challenge of tying a bow and having the dots all show! The trick is to go slowly. I used Melon Mambo ribbon, it really looks good. I have a hard time remembering Melon Mambo because my kids call me "MOMBO". We all have nicknames: Jenbo, Jehzbo, Rhizbo and me, Mombo! So when I type Mambo, I ALWAYS type MOMBO! Welcome to my world of weird and wacky!

Hope you all have a wonderful week!


1 comment: