Sunday, September 11, 2011

TRYING SOME PAPER FLOWERS


I have seen so many paper flowers lately that I HAD to give them a try.

I used the Designer Series Paper called Frostwood Lodge from the Holiday Mini Catalog (page 28)




Here I used the 1 3/4" scallop circle punch, punched 2 of them. Scored them and then on each circle I cut up to the center of the flower (just once) and fan folded them. Make sure you end up with a Vally (V) on one flower and a Mountain (M) on the other so you can glue them together. I used the 1/2" circle punch for the center. Added crystal effects to keep it adhered and put a clear acrylic block on top to hold it for a while.



Here I used a 12" strip x maybe 1 1/2", scored about every 1/4", fan folded it and adhere the ends together. For the bigger flowers I used the 3/4" circle punch and added crystal effects. Again adding the acrylic block to hold it in place while it dried.



Here is the biggest one and I see how crooked my center dot is! Remember, this was just a test!

I just used 12" x maybe 2" (I just grabbed some scrap DSP).

I hope this encourages you to give it a try! Also you can always bling it up with buttons, rhinestones, ribbons etc.

Have fun and please leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment