Wednesday, March 27, 2013

MALE CARDS

MALE CARDS....who needs them?  
I do, you do, we all do!!

I wanted some male cards because my stock is low and since Father's Day is heading our way
 I thought "let's git her done"!!!




Here is my desk, LOL, you DON'T want to see what the room looks like if I pulled back on the view.



This is my first creation.  Warning, I used LOTS of retired stuff, but there is no reason you can't use the current set called "Established Elegance" on page 125 of the catalog.

If you are like me, I keep all the retired items, because I liked them in the first place so why would I get rid of them. I'll bet you have tons of retired stuff that can be used.


I used the current stamp set "Clockworks" on page 105 of the catalog. Stamped the watch, the dial (using my stamp-a-ma-jig), clear embossed it, then added some retired Hodgepode Hardware (Antique Brass), popped it up on dimensionals.



The "Real Life" stamp set is from 2006 but I don't know the set name.  I stamped it then embossed with clear E.P., again using the Hodgepode Hardware.



Next up is a Father's Day card.
I used the retired spiral punch, love it!  And some retired Jumbo Pewter Eyelets.  I used the paper piercing mat to line up the brads.  
I used the crop-a-dile to adhere the brads.



Here I used the single stamp Basic Label Stamp and the Apothecard Accent Framelits (basic label).  As you can see I sponged a lot!!


 You might still have this corner window punch, which I embossed with clear embossing powder.
Can you see the retired Magic Mesh?  I sponged all over it.



 This is the inside of all the cards.

Here are the items I used to make these cards:

Stamps:  Current: Clockworks, Dapper Dad, Basic Label Stamp (one of the new single stamps you can purchase)
Retired:  Office Ephemera, Letters from Friends
Remember you can use the current set "Established Elegance" on page 125.

Inks:  Black Stazon, Going Gray, Chocolate Chip, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand, Early Espresso.  (sponging and stamping)

Cardstock:  Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip

Accessories:  Current:  Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponges, wood grain embossing folder, Apothecary Accent Framelits (Basic Label), clear embossing powder, dimensionals
Retired:  Spiral punch, corner window punch, Jumbo Pewter eyelets, crop-a-dile, Hodgepodge Hardware (Antique Brass), Magic Mesh.


1 comment:

  1. very nice Nancy. I really like them. I've been having a hard time, my mojo has totally left me. I haven't stamped in quite a while. I've got an order for 10 sympathy cards, so I HAVE to get them done, but just can't seem to get going. ofcourse, I'm still "collecting". LOL love to buy it!!!

    ReplyDelete