Sunday, April 14, 2013

SYMPATHY CARD

Last week my friend Patti's cat, Dickens, passed away.
I just had to make something for her because losing a pet is like losing someone in the family.

She works in a library and loves tags and book marks, so I created this for her.  She might see this before it arrives in the mail, but then maybe she will cry now instead of later.


I don't know why it came out blue, but you can see the true colors in the following pictures.

I didn't want to just sent a tag, so I popped it onto the front of a card and wrote inside.


I used a couple retired sets but love them!
One is the "Canvas" background
The other set is called "Meow Meow" from 1998!





I used a picture she posted to try to re-create how beautiful he was.  This does not do him justice.  After stamping and coloring, I punched him out with the oval punch and then stamped him with versamark and dunked it into the clear embossing powder.  He's shiny!



I used the new Photopolymer Stamp set "Designer Typeset" to stamp out his name.

I hope she loves it!

Recipe:

Stamps:  Retired "Meow Meow" and "Canvas" background stamp, Photopolymer Stamp set "Designer Typeset", and the Hostess Set "Occasional Quotes".
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Ink:  Soft Suede, black stazon
Accessories: Circle punches to make top of tag, Victoria Ribbon, Clear embossing powder, versamark ink, versamark pen, real red marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment