Wednesday, April 3, 2013

TRYING A NEW TECHNIQUE

I made a set of 4 thank you cards and am really pleased with how they turned out.

I found this great tutorial by Robin Merriman,
click here to see it.  

What I did was take a piece of DSP and stamp the Swallowtail Stamp with versamark onto it.  Then I covered it in clear embossing powder and heated it with the heat gun.  Then I took Going Gray ink and sponged all over then cleaned the butterfly with a cloth to remove the ink.  This is called "emboss resist"
So on each card you can see the image of the Swallowtail.




On this card I punched Going Gray and Summer Starfruit with the Decorative label punch.  Cut the Going Gray in half, added brads, adhered them to the DSP, then popped the Summer Starfruit up with dimensionals.



On each card I used the small and large butterfly punch, then I ran them through the bigshot with the polka dot embossing folder.



Here I layered the butterflies.


On the tutorial Robin used gray ribbon, but I didn't have any so I used the scallop ribbon border punch and made 2 of them.  Adhered them together to make a larger band.



Here is it up close.  Clever aren't I???  :)



This is the inside of the horizontal card.



Up close shots.


Piggy backing the butterflies. Or should I say layering?




Up close of the layered label.



Inside of the cards.



Stamp sets:  Swallowtail, Tiny Tags, Four Frames
Cardstock:  Going Gray, DSP Sycamore Street, Summer Starfruit, Whisper White
Ink:  Going Gray
Accessories:  Summer Starfruit Ribbon, Large and small butterfly punches, Decorative Label punch, neutral brads, Antique Brads, dimensionals, clear embossing powder, dots embossing folder, dotted scallop ribbon border, glue dots.

1 comment:

  1. Your cards are beautiful Nancy! I love the punched "ribbon" too - a very clever idea! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete